We have a position open for immediate full-time employment for a skilled service technician whose primary duties are to perform diagnosis
and repair of large commercial outdoor power equipment and pre-delivery setup and testing of new and refurbished equipment. Repair work commonly
involves diagnosis and repair of diesel and gas engines, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, and reel or rotary type cutting units. Work is
done under the direction and supervision of the Service Manager.
Essential duties include the ability to:
● Diagnose and repair mechanical operation of commercial outdoor power equipment.
● Diagnose and repair gas and diesel engines.
● Interpret and utilize hydraulic and electrical schematics.
● Diagnose and repair hydraulic and electrical components.
● Diagnose and repair reel type cutting units and rotary mower cutting decks.
● Assemble and repair turf maintenance accessories.
● Understand the proper use of tools and test equipment for efficient performance of
repair work, including electrical/hydraulic test equipment, grinding and sharpening equipment, air compression tools, welding and flame
cutting equipment, micrometers, calipers, and other measuring tools.
● Follow written and verbal directions.
● Properly record details of work performed and work independently
or as part of team.
● Work with large equipment and manually lift up to 75 lbs.
● Work on your feet for extended periods, kneel, stoop, reach above shoulders,
and perform physical labor.
Position Responsibilities include:
● Completing equipment setups and repairs efficiently, correctly,
and safely according to manufacturer's specifications and customer expectations.
● Informing Service Manager of unforeseen problems or issues with assigned service work.
● Maintaining a neat, functional work area and contributing to the orderly, professional appearance
of the shop, equipment cleaning pad, and storage area.
● Adhering to maintenance schedules, service bulletins, and technical literature.
● Completing technical training, attending vendor service schools, and
pursuing career growth as assigned by the company.
● Properly documenting all paperwork associated with setup and repair work orders.
● Communication skills between customers, vendors, and other departments in the company
● Assisting in the training of fellow service technicians as required.
● Properly using all shop lifts and tools in a safe and responsible
● Advanced technical degree in mechanical repairs or minimum of 5 years
technical work experience.
● Complete set of (employee owned) basic hand tools
● High school or equivalent degree
● Competitive DOE
● 401K with match
● Health Insurance
● Vacation and Holidays